Apply for a District Grant
In furtherance of your club’s Mental Health Initiatives, please consider applying for a District Grant with projects designed to:
1. Promote general public, Rotarian and first responder participation in Mental Health First Aid.
2. Increase awareness around identifying mental health issues and seeking help.
3. Promote mental wellness initiatives and /or
4. Strengthen and promote community mental health resources.
District Grants are requests for District Designated Funds (DDF). DDF match the money contributed by a Club for a project which has hands on Rotarian involvement and benefits a underserved group in your community. Applications are currently being accepted for projects performed between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017 and will be accepted as long as funds are available. Grants can provide up to $3000 DDF to a single club and more if other clubs participate.
In years past, Clubs have had projects to:
1. Work with a local Sheriff Department on suicide prevention activities.
2. Design materials to place in public restrooms in schools and public buildings to tell individuals and/or family members a phone number for people who need a place to turn.
3. Conduct community Mental Health Awareness campaign to promote awareness of Mental Health issues and identify community resources.
4. Programs to “Stamp out Stigma”
5. Job training programs for people with mental health challenges.
For more information or to discuss a project you are considering, call Diane Messamore, District 5450 Grant Co-chair, at 303 910-9355.